It's that time again and we are ready to celebrate America's birthday! We are going to share our top treats, drinks, and delectable bites for this Fourth of July! Which one is your favorite?
Remember, for more "Stars and Stripes" inspiration then follow us on Pinterest!
Favorite Drink: Red, White, and Blue Sangria
Combine the ingredients in a large pitcher and stir. Chill in the refrigerator for at least four hours.
Favorite appetizer: Jalapeño poppers!
4 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread
1/3 cup whipped cream cheese
1/3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup (packed) grated Monterey Jack Cheese (2 ounces)
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
12 medium fresh jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise, seeded and deveined
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
1 large egg
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
pinch cayenne pepper
1. Prepare the breadcrumbs: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the bread in a food processor and process until fine crumbs form, 25 to 30 seconds. Place the crumbs on a baking sheet, spreading them evenly. Bake until golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Prepare the poppers: Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. In a small bowl, stir together the cheeses and parsley. Fill each jalapeño half with 2 teaspoons of the cheese mixture.
3. On a plate, combine the flour, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of the black pepper. In a small bowl, beat together the egg and the water to combine. On another plate, combine 1 cup of the bread crumbs, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, the remaining 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, the paprika, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
4. Dip each jalapeño half in the flour, shaking off the excess, then in the egg wash, and finally in the bread crumb mixture, shaking off the excess.
5. Place the coated jalapeños, cut-side-up, onto the prepared baking sheet and spray lightly to coat with cooking spray. Bake until golden brown and crisp and the cheese has melted, about 30 minutes.
Favorite Entree: Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken
Favorite Dessert: Chocolate and Marshmallow Stuffed BBQ Bananas
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Clothing Conversion Chart
Be the first to know about our sales + new arrivals!